Sunday, January 27, 2008

Send In the Clowns

The original purpose of clowns was to entertain, with their zany antics and balloon manipulation, but somehow, as time went on, clowns have slowly replaced postal workers as the profession for the depressed, drunk, neurotic and/or insane. I think that's what caught me off guard when I saw this unmarked van with a clown at the wheel. If the van said "Party Plaza" or something to give the impression it was headed to a birthday party I'd understand the get up, but as I mentioned before the van was unmarked which leaves her final destination a mystery to us. My interpretation is the Driver/Clown just snapped a 4-year-old's birthday party and in some jealous rage is making a B-line for her ex-lovers house, leaving a wake of tears and fears in the children's eyes.


Thats just my take on it, if you have another possible explanation for this feel free to post it.

2 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

a beautiful memory.

January 28, 2008 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger austinmcraig said...

Don't let them see you looking. You could be next.

January 28, 2008 at 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home