Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mystery Meat? Not any more.

I've heard that in some places in Africa, on the jars and cans, they put a picture of the contents as to avoid confusion among those who are illiterate. the story says that Gerber failed to note this in their market research, and as they stocked Africa with their first shipments of baby food with that adorable Gerber baby on the jars, the result was a lot of appalled African women.

I didn't know we had similar problems with illiteracy here in Provo, but apparently at Albertsons they've decided we need our dead pigs to better resemble.... well... dead pigs.

If you ask me, Pork Sausage should fall under the umbrella of advice given in the movie Tommy Boy:

"I could sure get a good look at a t-bone by sticking my head up a bulls butt*, but I'd rather take the butchers word for it."

Even those that are ravenous carnivores would rather not conjure up visions of what their breakfast sausage looked like when it was still alive and kicking. Plus, who wants someone sticking superfluous fingers in their sausage?

*(edited, sorry to all the purists)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home