Friday, March 27, 2009

TJH - D.I. Adventures

I'll just cut to the chase, shall we?

This is one of those things that can't be learned from a book. Memorization isn't quite muscle-memory.



I'm imagining Chuck Norris studying really hard for his final in Kung-Fu-Kollege. I'll bet this guy was his professor.


Note that the book clearly teaches how to fend off three men at once, one of whom has a machete on the cover


I was absolutely puzzled by this title and front graphic. I opened the cover to investigate. It was a short investigation. The book argued the virtues of a genderless society. Ya, you're probably right. Everything would be better if we were all gray and asexual, like flatworms. Those flatworms have got it figured out.

WHO
, I ask you WHO buys and/or uses this or any other Big Dog brand merchandise? WHO?
It's a mousepad.
What is this person trying to say with their choice in heavily branded...anything "Big Dog"? Is it a manliness thing? 'Cause I don't think the Harry Potter motif is helping the cause.

On the subject of gender identity, I thought the women's lib movement was largely in the 60's. Apparently, it was still okay to talk down to simple-minded female folk in the 90's.
Maybe I'm being a little harsh though. They are trying to reach out to girlies to explain that darn confusing man machine, the computer.

All sarcasm aside, I don't know how you make computer instruction gender specific. Really.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jasie said...

I love androgyny

March 27, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home