Thursday, March 27, 2008

In Provo Not of Provo

This blog is dedicated to weird people or things we see in Provo right? Well I saw two things today that should have struck me as odd, but seeing that I'm in Provo, they didn't surprise me at all.

First Lamas, I know what your thinking Lamas are native to South America, right? Nope they're native to the Krishna Temple in Salem Utah, you know the building that looks like Aladdin's palace down by Spanish Fork, they rent Lamas by the day. And while this was a novelty at first, after parties and publicity stunts exploiting these Lamas; Now they're about as common in Provo as an introverted home-schooled girl who sews her own clothes.

Second: A Proposal. with marriage rate on the decline, and a proposal being, generally speaking, a private offer made between two love birds, you might think you'd see few if any proposals. But as this Blog has proven, and will probably continue to prove in the future, Provoites are not afraid to share their affection in the oddest places. This time it was the Math lab, this is common enough here in Provo, so we all clapped and congratulated them and went back to work on our homework. Now I know you're all wondering, and so were we, Why 3pm Wednesday in the math lab? I don't know, but I don't doubt it was accompanied with a card that said something along the lines of U+M.e=∞.
Well they say we're a peculiar people here in Provo, and I can't disagree.

2 Comments:

Blogger Snolark said...

Hello. Thank you all for consistently brightening some darker, rainy, english days. I've been reading this blog from all the way across the atlantic. Just thought I'd let you know I'm a huge fan, if you don't mind I'd like to link your blog to mine. Cheers, y'all.
xoxoxo
Miche

March 28, 2008 at 10:14 PM  
Blogger D Smith said...

I'm glad we could be of service. Feel free to link to the blog.

March 28, 2008 at 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home